“Good News … I Guess”
Conservatives are now officially chronic hypocrites. Obama announced the capture of the ringleader in the attack on Benghazi. Considering how Republicans have been raging about how important it is to catch these people, you’d think that they would at least show a modicum of interest.
Remember, however, that these are the same people who actually complained when Obama took out Osama bin Laden, something that would have earned George W. Bush apotheosis, had he even been interested in catching the man. They rather pointedly thanked everybody except Obama, and grouched about how every detail of the operation was somehow handled the wrong way.
So, when Obama nabbed Ahmed Abu Khattala, conservatives concluded:
- The capture was timed to sell Hillary Clinton’s book;
- The capture was timed to distract from the IRS scandal;
- The capture was timed to best benefit Obama politically;
- Obama should have caught him earlier;
- Obama should have caught more terrorists;
- Obama is going to Mirandize the guy (which Bush/Cheney did all the time);
- Obama is going to try him instead of putting him in Guantanamo;
- Obama was bad for allegedly going golfing when the guy was captured; and
- it’s not significant, who cares?
You know that the movement has gone way too far around the bend when they get really excited about things that hurt America, and really turned off by anything that is good for the country.
Update: One can only imagine how they will react to reports that the Benghazi attack was, in fact, spurred by the anti-Islamic Internet video.